Thursday, December 31, 2009

Creating a Rune Cloth

In my earlier post I wrote about my first rune cast which I completed last night. I am currently in the planning stages of creating a rune cloth for rune casting. The cloth I am planning will have two sides, one with an embroidered mural of sorts with divisions between the different worlds in norse legend. I found this layout to be interesting because there are so many different interpretations possible, and I thought it would be pretty!

Here is a rough layout of that side of the cloth:



This is not what colors I will be using, and instead of naming the worlds I plan to make cross stitch illustrations of them. Like I said I am in the planning stages so I am still working on that part. It's going to be awesome though!

The other side will be three circles that intersect, representing the three norns for that type of rune cast. I figure either side can be used for other casting as well, but they will both have specific purposes to the designs on them. For that one I think I am going to use a couple different fabrics and also add some embroidery to it.

I am excited to see how it turns out once I have it finished! I will be sure to post pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment