Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Contacting Spirits

For several weeks I have felt like there is a presence in my kitchen/living room. I saw this spirit out of the corner of my eye, well, it's shadow on the wall next to my refrigerator. It has been noticeable so many times, and often after I get the feeling, I go upstairs and I feel like it is following me, and I end up asking it not to as I turn the corner to come up the stairs. At that point the feeling seems to leave, though clearly this spirit keeps returning. It may be because I have been using runes and doing magic in the living room. Maybe this spirit is here because it needs my help with something and because it knows that I beleive in it and am able to do magic, it was somehow attracted to my house because of that.

Of course, when I do my safeguards around the house before bed I don't feel like the spirit, or anything else for that matter, is there. But I don't do that all the time, only when I feel like I need to. I sometimes also imagine a special door in the safeguards for things that are good to come in through, so that it's not just blocking everything. I definitely have noticed that the number of unexplainable occurences in my life has increased since I decided to embrace my natural inclination towards magic. I beleive that anyone has a choice to acknowledge and accept the things that are "unexplainable" in life or deny them and see less of them. It seems like once you accept it, it's like you just opened up the flood gates for all kinds of things!

Anyhow, since I have definitely determined that there is a spirit at my house, and it is not leaving on it's own, I think maybe I should try to contact it. Since I use the runes for divination, they should work equally well for communication with a spirit as long as I make the right preparations and am ready to make contact! I get very afraid though when I feel like it's there. I guess maybe I should do some protection for myself then so that I can feel safe while I do it.

Ok, so here is my plan for the spell(s):
  • Protection for me
  • Allow the spirit to use my runes to communicate
  • Ask the spirit to communicate
After the preparation spell is complete, and once I feel ready, I will then do a rune cast, I think it might help if I use the norns cast for it because the spirit would clearly need help with something from the past in order to be at peace in the future.

Finally, I will do another spell to finish things up:
  • Make a promise with the spirit that I will help them as best I can
  • Remove the connection from my runes and the spirit
  • Close the circle, ground the energy in the house
  • Put up safeguards in the house
The reason I am going to be sure to do safeguards is because I think that any time that you make contact with a spirit like that you are possibly opening yourself up to other spirits seeking you out for the same reason and really that's a bit much for me at the moment. I mean, I don't really mind except that I get scared by there being extra presences in my house. My cat is a bit jumpy too, so that's a concern.

I am going to work on the spell writing today and see how it goes. This should be an interesting thing for me to do, and actually if it works out, it might be something that I can do to help and make a different with my magic so that would be awesome! It's funny how when you are searching and searching for purpose it seems so hard and then it just finds you, or was there all along!

Once I have actually tried the spell I will update my blog with the results and also with the actual spells I used. I like writing my own spells because they seem to be easier to really put my energy into, which of course is very important!

No comments:

Post a Comment