Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spirit Contact - Results

Well, Saturday night I set everything up for my spell, and I decided to use a couple of candles as part of the spell as well. I chose magenta and pink for thier uses in divination, contacting spirits and also love and protection.

Once I had cast the circle, I could sense the spirit (I could almost see it! It was like a cloudiness in a certain spot in the living room, like they were there just waiting for me). Once I began the spell a feeling of releif and happiness filled me, presumably from the spirit. It really made me feel good about what I was doing. I was a little scared/nervous before I cast the circle, but once it was cast, all of my nervousness and fear was gone.

I used the spells that I chose, and after I addressed the spirit, the candles flickered at me as if in answer. I know that seems silly because candles flicker all the time, but it kept happening at moments like that!

Then I cast the three norns and got the rune for contemplation and uncertainty for the past, for the present I got the run for guidance/advice, and then on the last rune, representing the future, I got the rune for harmony, a connection between all things, love, protection, wisdom of the gods. This was very cool. When I was reading the meaning of the last rune a I got a very strong feeling of happiness and excitement. I almost wanted to cry at how well it was going, I really felt like I was helping!

Then, to be sure, and to find out further what help I might give, I did a second run cast where I just grab some runes from the bag and toss them on the table randomly. There were three face-up runes on the table. Two were grouped together, one was the "tribe" rune, or a rune of togetherness with your community/similar people. The other rune was a fire rune, which I assumed meant me, or at least my magical ability, as it always manifests itself as fire (in my dreams and visualizations). These two runes were actually stacked on top of each other a bit when they landed on the table, along with an ice rune which was face down. I didn't need to see the ice rune to see that those two runes should be read together and considered "bound" of course, so I didn't worry too much about that. The one alone didn't seem to have much relevance except as a marker for the other two, as it was positioned slightly lower and to the left of the other two. I actually forgot what rune it was, I knew I should have written them down! But suffice it to say that I was able to figure out what the spirit needed.
After the cast, I decided that it looks like the spirit mostly just needed my guidance and assurance that they would be going to a good place in the afterlife. I felt like the spirit had been scared to cross over, and that is the reason they were hanging out at my house. I guess they must have known that I could do magic, and so they were hoping I would figure out a way to help them.

I then used the rest of my spell that I had written out ahead of time, and closed the circle. After, it was interesting to me that I started to miss the feeling of there being a spirit there. My fiance also noticed this and told me he thought it felt empty now.

Since that night, and especially on Sunday night, I have been paying clsoe attention to see if I have noticed any return of the spirit, or possibly a new spirit. So far it looks like there aren't any, so I am very happy with how the whole thing went. Next time, if there is one, I will be sure and make contact sooner so that I can help them. I have a feeling that this is not the last time that I will be able to use my magic for the good of a spirit, and so I am going to keep my senses alert!

One thing that this experience has helped me with is trusting my feelings and instincts, and beleiveing myself when I sense something amiss. It's hard not to just dismiss creepy feelings as nothing, and this is a positive example of why it's a good idea to pay attention to that sort of thing. Just think how long it might have been before that spirit found peace otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment